Thursday, January 20, 2011

What is the Oldest Family Photo in Your Possession?

I've been thinking more about that photo I can't find. The one of my grandparents wedding. I can see it so clearly in my mind's eye. But, just can't think where it actually is and that really bothers me. I do think it's the oldest family photo that I own and in the world timeline, it's actually not that old. Maybe it's from the 1920s? It may have a date on it...if I can only find it, gosh darnit.

But, I'm curious. What is the oldest family photo YOU own? I'd love to see it! Share by posting a link to it here. Please include the date too - that's the best part!

2 comments:

  1. My grandmother was born in 1892. I have a photo of her when she was about 8 or 10. That's probably the oldest actual photograph I have. I have digital images of some older ones but it's not the same as having the actual paper photo. Interesting question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, it's wonderful that you have an early photograph of your grandmother. I wonder, in the future, what kind of "relationship" people with have with photographs? I think scrapbooking will have a significant impact for those fortunate to have a family member who does that. But, will digital images get passed on the way a box a photos might get passed on? I wonder...

    ReplyDelete